Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snow Walker

After a couple of extremely rapid mini-blizzards yesterday, we are left here, again, with snow on the ground. But again, and this seems unusual to me for this area, this time of year, the sun is shining brightly and the sky is blue.

Venturing out for a walk around the neighborhood for fresh air and to think about God, I was surprised at how sublime everything seemed to be. The birds were incredible! Incredible! and it was very quiet as not many people were out and about on this windy, sunny, cold day.

There was the perfect amount of snow on the sidewalks for excellent, sole gripping walking. In some places, I got to be the first one who had walked on the snow! In a couple of places, it was just me and a bunny rabbit, my two steps to her one big hop.

At times I felt like I was in a dream, walking through some otherworldly place, where the senses were different, and the atmosphere translucent. It felt like I was on the verge of waking up, but wanted to stay content in a enchanting dream where nothing is really happening, it just feels like the whole thing makes sense and everything is connected.

Did I wake up then to the sound of a car, or did I fall asleep and the car was in my dream?

In all scenarios, the one, beautiful constant shines brightly, permeating the truth of existence throughout all that is.

Joy pervades in the wisdom of the immortality of my soul. Everything else falls away as the desire to know God infuses everything.

Walking on snow and thinking of God.

No comments: